Goat Cheese This will produce 225 ish gr of goat cheese. Perfect for experimentation (which this was for me). Scale up for more. EQUIPMENT Cooking pot, 3-4L Use a nonreactive pot like stainless steel or enamel. Colander or sieve. I used a large sieve. Cheese cloth or kitchen towel. Use a smooth fabric towel, butter muslin, not terry cloth. I used 3 25cm squares of muslin to drape over the sieve. A colander, being bigger, would need larger squares to be able to drape over the sides. Digital thermometer. Really important, because temperature is key at the milk heating stage. INGREDIENTS 1L goat milk. North Queensland is blessed with goat farms, but any suburban supermarket in Australia will carry goat milk in the dairy section. Has to be full fat. ⅓ cup lemon juice 2 tablespoon white vinegar ½ teaspoon salt Dried herbs of your choice. I plumped for tarragon, but trying to mix it into the cheese before fridge-setting just misshaped the cheese lump. So perhaps...
Comments
Post a Comment